Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Theoretical Basis of Tai Chi Ch’uan by Robert Burns Amacker.


A serious book for a serious student.
I met Bob many years ago when he did a tai chi seminar at my studio in Florida. I was immediately impressed when he said “If you can’t throw a side kick, you’re not doing tai chi”. He’s a fighter. This book could not be written by someone with less years and experience. It’s technical and conceptual, and that means it’s not a quick read. It’s nicely chaptered and that makes it easier to absorb the related subjects. He starts with defining “the Principle” and moves to yielding, adherence, discharge, the civil and martial tai chi and more. This is not a book for the dabbler.
He only had 150 printed, hardbound and they even have a gold fabric bookmark. I hate to tease you but I don’t know where you can get one, Bob sent a copy to me. He says it may appear in e-book form on Amazon.  

2 comments:

  1. The book is on amazon as an e-book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JE4TV8U/ref=rdr_kindle_ext_tmb

      Delete